The team has access to a large range of equipment within the School of Chemistry but also has a range of team-specific instrumentation all of which are open to collaborative projects.
The department houses a wide variety of instrumentation, some of which is detailed below.
- Gas Chromatography (GC) and Gas Chromatography / Mass spectrometry (GCMS)
- High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and Liquid Chromatography / Mass spectrometry (LCMS)
- Gel permeation chromatography (GPC)
- Mass spectrometry – Direct Insertion EI and Direct Infusion ESI techniques
- Ion Chromatography (IC)
- Flash chromatography (Preparative)
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance spectroscopy (NMR)
- Ultraviolet / visible spectroscopy (UV/Vis)
- Infra-Red spectroscopy (IR)
- Atomic absorption spectroscopy (AA)
- X-Ray diffraction (XRD)
- Thermo-gravimetric analysis (TGA/DSC)
We are capable of much more than is detailed above. If you have a specific application or inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us.